We are located at:
19 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington, DC 20036
The entrance is at the intersection of 19th street and Dupont Circle, next to Starbuck’s patio and down the stairs under the red Dupont Underground sign. Be aware that mapping apps can sometimes show an incorrect location.
Please note that we are only open during events or by appointment. If you are interested in scheduling a private tour for your group of 15 or more, please contact us at email@example.com
HOST an event
Looking to host an unique event in the Nation's capitol? The North East Platform of the original subterranean streetcar station of Dupont Circle is now available for your next event! Please fill out this form with as much detail as possible. A rep from our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that we are experiencing a high volume of inquiries at this time. For best results, please inquire at least 14 days before your event.
Join Our Team
Manager, Exhibitions & Tours – Internship
Reports to the Director, Arts & Community Events and the CEO Dupont Underground
Job Description for part-time position requiring 3-5 hour days per week
Internship – non-paying internship providing free attendance to events
Job Description: Management of Underground Exhibitions & Tours
● Assists to post events and other activities on DU website and ticketing system. Maintain DU’s historic information by updating the website, and print version of history.
● Manage the sales of promotional items in collaboration with staff and volunteers.
● Manage and deliver high profile private/historic tours to visitors and special groups.
● Review the curriculum and content of the tours and enhance approved content on an ongoing basis to make the tour experience one of the outstanding tours in DC.
● Create online ticketing for historic and other tours.
● Participate in tour training with other part-time volunteer tour guides. Maintain at least one volunteer tour guide present Thursday, Friday and Saturday to assist with tours.
Please send your resume and a cover letter that outlines your related experience and current availability to Connect@DupontUnderground.org and our team will get back to you shortly!
Looking for an interesting place to support with your valuable time, experience, and skills? By volunteering for just 6 hours a week, you’ll be making a big impact on arts and community in DC.
Dupont Underground is seeking to build an outstanding team of committed and experienced volunteers for a variety of activities that will help support the Arts, Cultural, and Community Events that take place at Dupont Underground year round.
Volunteer tasks include:
● Providing reception desk support during our exciting events
● Responding to requests for information from visitors
● Providing a tour of the facility and outstanding exhibitions
● Helping to set up the facility for events.
Interested in joining the team? Email us at Connect@DupontUnderground.org. Send your resume or outline of your previous volunteer experiences, and a list of days and times you would be available for an interview. We hope to invite you to be part of this unique, dedicated group of Dupont Underground volunteers!